Someone in the office played me a trick, and configured an iLO configuration password. (Maybe it was me in a very weak moment, but of course I would never admit it.) Anyway, I was unable to configure the iLO and needed to reset it. Turns out, this is quite easy.
The following steps are necessary:
- remove server from the rack and open the case.
- locate system switches (Jumpers) (see Picture)
- set the iLO security switch to ON (ON = security off, OFF = security on) (see red arrow on picture)
- start the server and press F8 to enter iLO config menu
- you will still be prompted for a password, but any will be accepted
- set a new password, reboot and revert jumper settings